Monday, November 6, 2017

lucky things, part 1


"I'll make a lucky charm," I said.
"It'll be easy," I said. 
"It's just a milk ring, penny, and fabric," I said.


And thus I embarked on an epic journey of pins, threads, scraps, soda, the frantic collection of flying pennies, and a pair of curious cats.

By "epic journey" I mean "I made faces at the penny until it finally stayed still long enough for me to pin it into place and sew it down." It's all gone pretty smoothly after that.

























I think the cats are in shock that I stole one of the milk rings instead of letting them have it as a toy but eh, that's life. The disappointment disappeared in about 30 seconds when I tossed over a box for them to play in. And reappeared when I wouldn't let them have the soda I was soaking my penny in. And disappeared when- well. That's how the cycle goes.

Once I finish the embroidery on top (you can see the outline) it'll be time for the back side. I have some ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment